An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction,
but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices (Courtesy Pay) that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection, such as a link to your savings account, which may be less
expensive than our standard overdraft practices**. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We may authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
As of August 15, 2010, we will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of
transactions unless you authorize us to (see below):
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always
authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your
transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Florida Hospital Credit Union pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
What if I want Florida Hospital Credit Union to authorize and pay overdrafts on
my everyday debit card transactions?
- We will charge you a fee of up to $30 each time we pay an overdraft using Courtesy Pay
- The negative balance on the account must be satisfied within 30 calendar days.
- There is no limit on the number of fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
To ensure that you maintain the benefits of FHCU Courtesy Pay for Debit Cards, you can opt in different
The requested changes to your Courtesy Pay for Debit Cards will not take
effect until you receive written confirmation from the credit union.
- Use the attached form and mail it to: 115 Boston Ave Suite 2400 Altamonte Springs Fl 32701
- Contact us at 407.303.6858
- Go online to opt in at www.fhcu.cc
- Fax it to us at 407.303.6857.